Our ad tech monthly wrap-up covers the most important news in ad technology, ad blocking, funding, and other topics of interest to web publishers and advertisers.
- Can the decentralised information model of blockchain help the fragmented supply chains in the ad tech industry? In his column on AdAge, Richard Bush, CTO of New York Interactive Advertising Exchange, makes the case for how it may just.
- Elsewhere, a superteam of ad tech companies including AppNexus, Index Exchange, LiveIntent, and others have joined hands to fight the Google-Facebook duopoly.
- Publishers are increasingly frustrated with tech vendors. “Sometimes I need a neck to throttle when something breaks,” reads an anonymous confession on Digiday. Ouch. So, why don’t publishers build their own tech? A few are doing that, but it’s not easy.
- Contrary to reports about small pockets here and there, ad blocking is pretty much on the rise in most regions. What can advertisers do to still reach their audience? Jason Dubin, CEO and Founder of Playwire, suggests looking at in-app advertising, in-game advertising, and in-store advertising.
- Amidst an atmosphere of pessimism, Dave Lovell of Adyoulike.com explains why he thinks that the best days for ad tech are still ahead in his column on eConsultancy; this as newer companies still continue to get funded while older ones are raising even more money for cutting-edge research and development.