| Summer Events with Angel City Sports! Sitting Volleyball & Swimming in July! Plus 2017 Angel City Games Results |
We're still catching our collective breath from the 2017 Angel City Games! We hope you had an amazing time at this year's Games. Results for most of the events have been posted at www.AngelCityGames.org. There's also a great photo gallery for event - we still have hundreds of photos to edit and share, and a compilation video is in the works too so stay tuned!
| SUMMER EVENTS WITH ANGEL CITY SPORTS! |
LA84 Foundation Youth Idea Exchange
FRI 7/21 9a - 3p
Angel City Sports will be joining LA84 at their Youth Idea Exchange, Friday July 21st at the California Endowment in downtown LA. This event will bring together 300 teens from the greater LA area to learn about the LA2024 Olympic & Paralympic Bid and share their ideas on how we can use the Olympics & Paralympics to contribute to healthy, active, engaged communities.
We're looking for adaptive athletes ages 12-17 who'd like to participate!
This is going to be an amazing opportunity to connect with other teens from throughout the LA area and share your thoughts on the importance of adaptive sports. The morning will feature a discussion about sports in your community and in the afternoon you'll get a chance to play a wide array of Olympic and Paralympic Sports. Plus, LA84 Foundation has offered to provide transportation if needed.
- Basketball mini clinic (hosted by LA Sparks)
- Wiffle Ball (hosted by Dodgers Foundation)
- Soccer skills
- Sitting Volleyball (hosted by Angel City Sports)
- Hip Hop Dance
If you're between 12-17 and would like to join us at the
LA84 Youth Idea Exchange, please contact [email protected]
Space is limited - please contact us by Wed 7/19
US Paralympics Swimming - Adaptive Swim Clinic
SUN 7/31 11:30a - 5p
FREE For Athletes, Coaches, and Parents
At the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center in Pasadena, CA
This clinic will focus on what U.S. Paralympics Swimming can do for you to facilitate growth, including:
Classroom Session: 12:00pm—2:00pm
- Learn about the basics of classification plus how and where to get classified
- What to expect at a Para-swimming meet
- Understand the different types of Para-swimming meets
- How to coach and adapt to specific sport class needs
- What opportunities and resources exist with U.S. Paralympics Swimming
- How to progress from age group to elite
- Pool demonstrations including possible stroke, start, and turn options
- Drills and skills in and out of the pool
- How to adapt typical training concepts to fit different sport class needs
Break/Snack on own: 2:00pm—3:00pm
Pool Session: 3:00pm —5:00pm
For more information and registration, please contact
Peggy Ewald at [email protected]
| THANK YOU TO OUR |
2017 ANGEL CITY GAMES PARTNERS!
| Angel City Sports is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization operating through fiscal sponsorship via the Edward Charles Foundation |