|LIFe with God: June 29, 2017|
Click here to read today’s passage on Bible Gateway
Is God able to hear His people and save them (1)? Then why doesn’t He always listen and deliver (2-13)? What did He do about it (14-21)?
Do I absolutely trust that the LORD’s hand is not too short to save, and His ear is not too deaf to hear? Have I allowed my sin and stubborn selfish pride to build barriers between me and my God? Am I thankful for the redemption that is in Jesus Christ?
Dear Father in Heaven, I confess that I sometimes forget You are there and You are mighty. In such moments, please remind me that Your hand is not too short to save, and Your ear is not too deaf to hear. Keep me from choosing to commit sin that builds barriers between me and You. May my feet not run after evil, or my mind to sinful thoughts, but rather may I live in peace and justice. I thank You that, though no one was interceding for me, Your own arm brought salvation in Christ Jesus, the Redeemer who will come again to Zion. Thank You, Lord! In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Pray to BLESS!
One good way to pray for people is to use the acronym BLESS to pray for God’s blessing on every area of their lives:
- B – BODY (physical health)
- L – Labor (their job or school)
- E – Emotions (emotional health as well as guarding against letting emotions rule)
- S – Social (relationships with family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, church, etc)
- S – Spiritual (remaining true to God and growing in Him)
Spend some time praying for the following people and ministries:
- Darrell & Fralina Leatham
- Fred & Shirley Leonard
- Dan & Jenn Loeschke
- Mark & Michelle Morgan (Cody, Kyle)
- Michael & Jenn Morgan
- Christian Pro-Life Ministries in Idaho (Idaho Chooses Life, Stanton Health Care, etc)
- That we will devote ourselves to prayer, individually, in small groups, and as a church.
Community: Pray for Teachers & Administrators & School Boards
- Godly curriculum
- God’s wisdom in teaching and leading
- Salvation for unbelievers
- Ability to inspire a love of truth and learning
John 14:6 (HCSB)
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.