If you no longer wish to receive email from Consumer Action, skip to the end of this message and click the link to opt-out.
This week marks the sixth birthday of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Yet some in Congress have marked the agency for dead.
Let your members of Congress know that an attack on the CFPB is an attack on the people who put you in office.
The CFPB has:
- made mortgages safer and borrowers more protected when problems occur
- made corporations more accountable by restoring consumers' rights to have their day in court
- empowered consumers with a personalized complaint process & a public complaint database and
- returned $12 Billion to more than 29 million consumers in six short years.
But GOP leaders in Congress are pushing bills, like the Financial CHOICE Act (we call it the Wrong CHOICE), that would:
- Emasculate the CFPB
- Eliminate public access to complaint information
- Remove CFPB authority to stop unfair and deceptive practices
Take Action. Tell your representatives: Don’t make the Wrong CHOICE - Don’t Destroy My CFPB!
Stand up for the agency that stands up for you.
Manage your email subscription. Choose the content you'd like to receive. You will have to create a password to do so. Lost your password? Use "Forgot your password?"
Click here to unsubscribe