Eclipse Newsletter - 2017.07.25
Eclipse Oxygen - Summer Time Happiness
The summer holidays are upon us and it's quiet here at the Eclipse Foundation office. We thought you could use a reading break; we know we could! That's why this issue of the newsletter is complete with light summer content.
- Discover the Eclipse Foundation's YouTube Channel.
- Read previous Eclipse Newsletter's that you missed.
- Download Eclipse Oxygen. It's all the rage!
- Tweet us article ideas @EclipseFdn.
- Send us feedback; we love hearing from you!
See you at EclipseCon Europe this fall (Oct 24-26)?
Enjoy the sunshine!
Eclipse Oxygen Videos
Thank you to Holger Voormann for creating this great video showing the latest Eclipse IDE improvements included in the Eclispse Oxygen simultaneous release.
We gathered experts and recorded webinars featuring various Eclipse projects in the Eclipse Oxygen release. Watch the Eclipse Oxygen webinar playlist.
Eclipse Oxygen - Java™ 9 Support
Java™ 9 support has not yet landed in our standard download packages, but you can add an early access preview to your existing Eclipse Oxygen (4.7) install to try it out. The Eclipse Java™ 9 Support (BETA) contains the following:
- ability to add JRE and JDK 9 as installed JRE
- support for JavaSE-9 execution environment
- ability to create Java and plug-in projects that use a JRE or JDK 9
- ability to compile modules that are part of a Java project
Eclipse IDE Keybindings
Always wanted to know what the default Eclipse IDE keyboard shortcuts were? Well, here you go!
You can always personalize the shortcuts to fit your needs under
Preferences → General → Keys. Or use the Quick Access Toolbar
⌘+3 and simply type
Eclipse Java IDE Tips & Tricks
Here is this month's tip in action →
Click on the gif to view the original tweet.
In Java 9 modules you can Ctrl-Click other modules and class names to directly open them. It's useful to navigate quickly.
Java 9: Ctrl-Click
Get more tips by following @EclipseJavaIDE, a Twitter account run by Eclipse Java IDE developers!
New Project Proposals
- Eclipse aCute: provide good development tools for C# and .NET Core applications in the Eclipse IDE.
- Eclipse BaSys 4.0: the development of a basic system (similar to AUTOSAR) for production plants that implements the efficient reconfiguration of production processes, which is the central challenge of Industrie 4.0.
Interested in more project activity? Read on
New Project Releases
Check out the projects that are part of the Eclipse Oxygen Simultaneous Release. Fun facts:
Upcoming Eclipse Events
Eclipse events are being hosted all over the world! Get involved by attending or organizing an event. View all events.
Here is the list of upcoming Eclipse events:
Eclipse Summit India 2017
Jul 27-29, 2017 | Bangalore, India
Eclipse DemoCamp Bonn
Jul 31, 2017 | Bonn, Germany
Eclipse DemoCamp Braunschweig
Aug 8, 2017 | Braunschweig, Germany
Eclipse DemoCamp Trondheim
Aug 24, 2017 | Trondheim, Norway
Eclipse IoT Day @ Thingmonk
Sep 11, 2017 | London, UK
Eclipse Day Milano 2017
Sep 22, 2017 | Milan, Italy
EclipseCon Europe 2017
Oct 24-26, 2017 | Ludwigsburg, Germany
Are you hosting an Eclipse event? Do you know about an Eclipse event happening in your community? Email us the details [email protected]!